- URS fund has lost 20% or $3.5 Billion with this downturn
- URS's ability to pay benefits isn't in question.
- The plan was worth more than $20 Billion in 2007.
- Last year the URS plan paid out $800 Million and took in $650 Million
- The plan earned $1.3 Billion on its investments.
- The plan deversifies with 40% in stocks, 25% in bonds and 13% in real estate and the rest in other investments.
- The plan is funded and stable.
We look forward to the economy working itself out of this downturn, but it is good to know our retirement system is in good shape.