Tuesday, November 18, 2008
- Last program in, first out. (Get rid of the newest programs first)
- Use the $100 Million one-time unappropriated set aside first.
- Cut the Early Childhood Learning and Evaluation program $3.5.
- Cut the Merit Pay program $20 Million. (Both 3 and 4 were in the omnibus bill SB2)
- Freeze Charter School expansion.
- Cut the USTAR program $6.9 Million (Omnibus bill)
- Cut the extended year for special educators program $2.9 Million (Omnibus bill)
- Cut the Math/Science Salary Supplement program $4.7 Million (Omnibus bill)
As you can see it will be a difficult legislative session and we will need a unified UEA membership to persuade the state to protect Utah's public schools.
To enter the BLOG CONTEST email me at firstname.lastname@example.org and use the word "Budget".