- After three years of telling us "we don't have enough money to pay the teachers the steps", the board finds over $1 million to put on the salary schedule.
- With our district in "district improvement" and many of our schools at the bottom of the state the board is going to put a "focus on achievement and invite the teachers to join them"...oh like we haven't been focusing on that??
- The School Board is going to go to a merit pay plan...but not for two years...and that will make the difference in our test scores??
- We have been asking the district to use some of their capital funds for salaries and have been told no...now, because they want to gut the OEA they are using those funds (building money) to pay the increases. I am sure they think that by paying off the teachers they will forget the heavy handed tactics of excluding us.
- The school board thinks they have all of the answers and they show their disdain for their employees by their micromanaging small details of the district that should be left to the professionals.
- Loritab helps the pain in my mouth...what will help the pain of dealing with the board other than changing those faces in the next election.
Wednesday, August 17, 2011
Having two teeth pulled yesterday wasn't a lot of fun...but what the Ogden School Board has done is worse. Here are a few things that really bug me about this whole fiasco..
Posted by Rick Palmer: UniServ Director at 8:27 AM