- Working with NEA, we helped secure $100 million in federal funds to help Utah public schools. The money can be used for compensation and benfefits.
- Utah Governor Herbert and Lt. Governor Bell met with the UEA Board to talk about public education.
- The UEA Education Excellence Coalition-comprised of parents, education, business and community leaders-began meeting during the summer of 2010. One of the goals is to create a sustainable, long-term plan for the state's K-12 public education system.
- UEA staff members are immersed in redesigning the UEA Website.
- UEA and NEA staff have been working with the local education associations and UniServs involved with School Improvement Grants (Ogden has three schools)
- UEA staff have put in thousands of hours preparing for this years 100th Anniversary UEA Convention, Oct. 14 and 15th.
- Leaders and staff from the UEA and urban and rural education associations met for a full day to discuss membeship and organizing around the Taxes, Economic Development and Public Education Funding message.
- The UEA has begun implementation of the transformation recommendations: (1)Advocating for members' needs through a strong public relations/image/member engagement campaign (2) enhancing the UEA's communication structure and (3) developing a system of collaboration between staff and governance.