Legislature sets Public Ed funding for next year.
- HB2 prohibits expansion of charter school capacity in the 2010-2011 school year.
- HB2 cuts 5.2% from 2010 budget.
- The value of the Weighted Pupil Unit remained the same.
- School districts have the option of closing school for up to 5 days.
- $2.9 Million was set cut from Career and Technical Education.
- Quality Teaching Block Grant of $77.6 Million was cut.
- Aging school bus fund of $8.8 Million was cut.
- The remaining $5 Million of the original one time $20 Million Performance Pay was cut.
School Districts will now make the tough decisions of how the cuts will affect their budgets for next year.