Good news (with scepticism)
- The legislative session is over...no more damage to teachers (maybe)
- The budget funded growth in education. (that is if costs of everything don't continue to rise)
- The budget funded 2.2% more in education. (why don't I believe it)
- Sen. Chris Buttars retired...(yes, I did see the zombie movie where they come back to life)
Bad news (do I have room on this blog for everything?...no)
- Seniority taken away as a way to reduce staff...older doesn't mean better eh?
- Teacher Association leaders denied time for association business...anyone want to volunteer to spend countless hours representing teachers?
- Guns near schools...makes us all safer...huh?
- Private online schools receiving public money...does not compute!!!
- Legislative transparency diminished...Gayle Ruzinka texting me sweet nothings.
- Grading schools based on test scores...oh yeah only 80% are A and B schools.
- More charters, more charters, more charters...yeah
- Teaching that we are a "compound republic"...huh?
Today's WEA Blog Question: Who did BYU beat yesterday? (Hint: Horned Frogs)
Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org