- The teachers would have to get recertified every three to five years
- The pay plan would demand higher standards from educators.
- The teachers would have to demonstrate subject mastery by passing a knowledge test and complete a course on instruction strategies.
- The plan calls for a new statewide salary schedule.
- Teachers would make $35,000 to $75,000 with an annual raise of $2,500.
- The plan recommends an additional $5,000 paid to educators who teach at "hard to staff" schools.
- State raises would be determined by annual performance evaluations by parents, teachers and the principal.
- Principals would be given full authority to hire and fire.
- They could also recruit "all-star teachers" with higher pay.
The Sutherland Institute supports private school vouchers and increasing the number of charter schools. Learn more about this group at www.sutherlandinstitute.org
To enter the blog contest this month (one entry per person) email me at email@example.com and use the word "sutherland" in the message. Thanks Rick