- I attend all meetings of the OEA, WEA, UniServ and UEA (when needed)
- I visited the Legislature at least once a week.
- I work with our partnership at WSU College of ED (teach, present, meet with leaders)
- I help teachers with corrective discipline concerns.
- I work with teachers on questions of transfers and non renewals.
- I present to faculties on professionalism.
- I help negotiate contracts and agreements with the districts.
- I attend school board meetings.
- I help mediate problems between teachers and staff, administrators etc.
- I manage the UniServ office, staff (two secretaries) and budget.
- I attend all UniServ committee meetings.
- I help coordinate the Political Action Committee.
- I promote membership and visit potential and new members in schools.
- I help plan meetings and trainings for the association.
- I work with the UEA Attorney and assist in representation during termination hearings and UPPAC Hearings.
It is a great job and never boring. Thanks Rick
To enter the BLOG contest again for March please email me with the words "UniServ Director" in the message. firstname.lastname@example.org