- The current process takes away the voice of the people.
- No other elected state official is vetted through a nominating committee appointed by the Governor.
- A direct, no-partisan election would increase accountability to voters and better involve the community in the electoral process.
- A non-partisan election would allow for implementation of good policy, free from party platforms.
- Simplifying nomination and election procedures would increase transparency.
- A recent poll shows Utahns reject the idea of partisan school board elections.
Contact your legislator and inform them of our positions.
Today's "only 9 days left of the session" Blog Contest question is: whose pictures are on the blog?
Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org