- HB 66 (Newbold) We oppose because it takes money from districts (equalization) and Charter Schools get an additional $ 8 Million.
- HB 150 and HB 293 Direct election of State School Board members (probably dead for this session)
- HB 230 (Fowlke) Teacher Service Credit - Sounds great but the down side will cause districts to not hire teachers with experience because of the cost.
- HB 260 (Wimmer) Do away with the due process rights of Orderly Termination...bad bad bad (dead for now)
- HB 264 (Menlove) Evaluation (not bad, could have been better with some UEA amendments)
- HB 315 (Sumsion) Crazy bill to allow community councils the power to hire and fire teachers and principals. (need to kill this quick)
- HJR 13 (Poulson) Only a resolution but we agree with it.
- SB 48 (Buttars) comptency test to teach...need I say more?
As you can see it is important that you visit www.utea.org and check out the ways you can contact your legislators.