Ogden Teachers Rally for Collective Bargaining

Ogden Teachers Rally for Collective Bargaining

Thursday, March 26, 2009

What is a UniServ Director?

Here are some of the activities that I do as your UniServ Director:
  • I attend all meetings of the OEA, WEA, UniServ and UEA (when needed)
  • I visited the Legislature at least once a week.
  • I work with our partnership at WSU College of ED (teach, present, meet with leaders)
  • I help teachers with corrective discipline concerns.
  • I work with teachers on questions of transfers and non renewals.
  • I present to faculties on professionalism.
  • I help negotiate contracts and agreements with the districts.
  • I attend school board meetings.
  • I help mediate problems between teachers and staff, administrators etc.
  • I manage the UniServ office, staff (two secretaries) and budget.
  • I attend all UniServ committee meetings.
  • I help coordinate the Political Action Committee.
  • I promote membership and visit potential and new members in schools.
  • I help plan meetings and trainings for the association.
  • I work with the UEA Attorney and assist in representation during termination hearings and UPPAC Hearings.

It is a great job and never boring. Thanks Rick

To enter the BLOG contest again for March please email me with the words "UniServ Director" in the message. rick@ogdenweber.org